Pacific Northwest Ballet 96-Hour Sale Starts Friday
Have you delayed purchasing your Nutcracker tickets? Well, this weekend is the time to buy them, as the Pacific Northwest Ballet is having a holiday sale. For 96 hours, PNB is offering a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale – 25% off select Nutcracker performances and 15% off its entire inventory of 2013 40th Anniversary Season tickets bought via special online links (below) or through the PNB Box Office (206.441.2424 or 301 Mercer Street). Offers begin at 12:01am Friday and expire at 11:59pm Monday.
- 25% off select performances
- Tickets can be purchased online via this link or by mentioning “Turkey” when calling or visiting the PNB Box Office
- 15% off tickets to the remaining programs in PNB’s 40th Anniversary
- Tickets can be purchased online via this link or by mentioning “Gravy” when calling or visiting the PNB Box Office.
Fine Print: This offer is for a limited time only, and is subject to availability. Discounts are not valid on lowest priced or previously purchased tickets, and cannot be combined with other offers. Discounted online purchases must be made using the special links above. Offer is valid starting at 12:01am on Friday, November 23 and expires Monday, November 26th, 2012 at 11:59pm.
What’s in the Forum This Week? Halloween Edition, Complete with Attack Owl!
A friendly Friday PSA to remind everyone about our Forum – it’s a venue for posting any questions you may have, lost & found items, missing pets, items for sale, and a heads-up on anything the community should be aware of (e.g. car prowls, suspicious persons, etc.).
We check the Forum daily, not just for spam, but also for any posts that should be highlighted on the blog. And, on that last point – here are some current Forum topics:
Owl Attack: a runner was attacked by an owl on the Crown of Queen Anne – coincidence that it’s nearly Halloween? Kidding aside, if you run or walk in the early morning or late evening near McGraw Place between Warren Ave N and Lorentz Place, there may be an attack owl nearby. If you’ve been a victim, weigh in!
Queen Anne Gym Deal: Seattle Gym on Queen Anne has a fall special with no enrollment fee and no monthly dues until Feb 1, 2013. Check out the details for more info.
Arts & Crafts Artists: the 4th annual Holiday Open House & Arts & Crafts Sale at Red Square Yoga is Dec 8th, and they have a few open slots for arts and crafts artists/vendors. Contact info is in the post.
And more! Check out the Forum, chime in on discussions of interest, and start your own topic!
Dick’s celebrates 57th birthday with 10-cent sodas
Much like last year, Dick’s Drive-In is celebrating its birthday—its 57th—by offering all Coca-Cola drinks for 10 cents each, at each of its five Seattle-area locations all day on Friday, January 28.
For the sentimental type, the Dick’s chain also put out this memorial slide-show of the restaurant’s history over these last 57 years here in Seattle.
The Lower Queen Anne Dick’s is located at 500 Queen Anne Ave. N. All locations are open from 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily.
Veterans Day closures and honors
Today is Veterans Day, a national holiday to honor the men and women who have served our country.
Many public organizations will be closed around town for the day in honor of veterans lost. The Metro bus service will be on a reduced service schedule, and there will be no service to the University of Washington.
The following businesses and organizations are closed today:
- Post offices (and no mail delivery)
- Seattle Public Library branches
- Seattle Parks and Recreation facilities
- Most government offices
- Parking is free (you don’t have to pay to park on city streets that are metered today)
There are also several businesses around town celebrating Veterans Day by offering special deals and freebies to both retired and active military members and their families. Take a look at the list we’ve compiled of deals going on in Queen Anne and around it:
- Brown Bear Car Wash is offering free “Bear Essential” car washes for veterans, active members of the military, and spouses who have loved ones currently deployed
- Dick’s Drive-In is offering a free hamburgers to active and retired military members from 10:30 a.m. to closing (at 2 a.m. tomorrow)
- Outback Steakhouse is offering free Bloomin’ Onion and Beverage for Veterans & Military Personnel from 4 to 11 p.m.
- Krispy Kreme is offering one free doughnut to military personnel at participating locations (check if the location near you is participating here)
- Applebee’s is offering a free meal from a select menu for all veterans and active duty military members
- The Ram Restaurant and Brewery is offering a buy one, get one free deal on lunch and dinner meals
- Chili’s is offering a free entree from a select menu (.pdf) at participating locations
- The Experience Music Project is offering free admission
- The Museum of Glass is offering free admission
- The Museum of Flight is offering free admission
- All National Parks are also offering free admission
Know of a Veterans Day deal we missed? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll add it to the list.
Tax day deals around the neighborhood
Today may be tax day, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a bright side! A few businesses around town have offered special tax day deals to help ease the burden.
In Queen Anne:
- Get a free taco from Taco Del Mar. All you have to do is fill out the Free Taco 1099 Coupon and take it in to one of the two Queen Anne locations–12 Mercer St. and 1205 Dexter Ave N.–or any other around town.
- Bring in a reusable mug and get a free coffee at Starbucks all day today! The promotion is part of their corporate environmental campaign, The Big Picture: A Green Project. And the best part is, who doesn’t have a Starbucks in their neighborhood? (I know we do–at 2135 Queen Anne Avenue N, 1211 Dexter Ave, 305 Harrison St, 425 Queen Anne Ave N, plus kiosks at both the Upper and Lower QA Safeways and the Uptown QFC).
- Get discounts and freebies at Cinnabon, P.F. Changs, McCormick and Schmick’s and more! Check out Monica Guzman’s report on the PI Big Blog for details.
Know of any tax day deals happening in Queen Anne or citywide? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below to share!