The Seattle Center is getting ready to kick off its free summer movie program! Starting next Saturday, July 26th, you can catch a movie at the Seattle Center Mural Amphitheatre through August 23rd.
The outdoor Movies at the Mural experience includes a giant screen and the striking backdrop of the Space Needle against the summer sky. Movies begin at dusk (around 9pm) and seating is first-come, first-served.
Here’s this year’s line-up:
Saturday July 26: The Princess Bride (PG)
Saturday August 2: Gravity (PG-13)
Saturday August 9: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (PG-13)
Saturday August 16: The Great Gatsby (PG-13)
Saturday August 23: Star Trek Into Darkness (PG-13)
Here are some tips from the Seattle Center to enhance your viewing pleasure:
- The Seattle Center recommends that you bring low back chairs, blankets or bean bags. You may be directed toward the back of the lawn if you bring high backed chairs.
- Due to the limited number of seats and the abundance of food in the seating area, we would prefer that movie-goers leave pets at home (except for legal guidance animals).
- No giant coolers/ice chests, open flames/cooking, umbrellas, video or audio recorders. Like any theater, during the movie we ask people to TURN OFF their cellphones and pagers.
- Food and beverages are available in the Seattle Center Armory and at food carts on grounds.
- Alcohol is not for sale at the Mural, but is available at select locations in the Armory.
Grab a blanket or chair, some friends, and head to the Seattle Center on summer Saturdays!