Free movies at the Mural start next weekend
Posted on July 15th, 2014 by Sara Willy
The Seattle Center is getting ready to kick off its free summer movie program! Starting next Saturday, July 26th, you can catch a movie at the Seattle Center Mural Amphitheatre through August 23rd.
The outdoor Movies at the Mural experience includes a giant screen and the striking backdrop of the Space Needle against the summer sky. Movies begin at dusk (around 9pm) and seating is first-come, first-served.
Here’s this year’s line-up:
Saturday July 26: The Princess Bride (PG)
Saturday August 2: Gravity (PG-13)
Saturday August 9: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (PG-13)
Saturday August 16: The Great Gatsby (PG-13)
Saturday August 23: Star Trek Into Darkness (PG-13)
Here are some tips from the Seattle Center to enhance your viewing pleasure:
- The Seattle Center recommends that you bring low back chairs, blankets or bean bags. You may be directed toward the back of the lawn if you bring high backed chairs.
- Due to the limited number of seats and the abundance of food in the seating area, we would prefer that movie-goers leave pets at home (except for legal guidance animals).
- No giant coolers/ice chests, open flames/cooking, umbrellas, video or audio recorders. Like any theater, during the movie we ask people to TURN OFF their cellphones and pagers.
- Food and beverages are available in the Seattle Center Armory and at food carts on grounds.
- Alcohol is not for sale at the Mural, but is available at select locations in the Armory.
Grab a blanket or chair, some friends, and head to the Seattle Center on summer Saturdays!