We already have a report of a dog sighted running down Boston St sans owner at 2:30pm today:
“Little grey whippet/Italian greyhound with a royal blue collar (no tags from what I could see) running east on Boston from Queen Anne North – top of QA Hill”
The reader tried to catch the pup, but was unsuccessful. If this is your dog or if you’ve been able to catch this dog, let us know. (and, if it’s your dog, please provide your contact info)
This instance is a good reminder – with today’s activities and tonight’s fireworks, dogs can be easily spooked and run. Please make sure to secure your pets (cats too) tonight.
- keep your pets indoors today/tonight
- make sure your pet has identification – collar/tags and microchips
If your pet escapes this holiday weekend, we can post your “lost pet” notice. Just be sure to include:
- pet’s name
- pet’s description – the more detailed the better (not just the breed – a description)
- pet’s photo – if you don’t have one, now’s the time to take a pet “mug shot” for missing flyers
- your contact info – how you want people to contact you
- where last seen – cross-streets (e.g. “near Boston St and Queen Anne Ave N)
- for street names, please be sure to let us know if numbered streets are W or N streets (e.g. 2nd Ave W)
- relevant info on pet’s behavior (e.g. “skittish of people”, “loves other dogs”)
Let’s keep Queen Anne pets safe this weekend and all year!