Seattle's Queen Anne Neighborhood News Blog

FOLLOW US
 

Early morning fire at apartment on Boston St

June 8th, 2014 by Laura

Boston FireIf you heard sirens around 3:20am this morning, it was a Seattle Fire Department response to an apartment fire at 118 Boston St.

The fire was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials, and caused $65,000 in damage to the building and $5,000 in damage to the apartment contents. No injuries were reported.

According to our SFD contact:

“Seattle Fire Investigators determined an early morning fire at Queen Anne apartment complex was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials.

At 3:21 a.m. firefighter were called to the 100 block of Boston Street for a report of thick smoke inside the 2-story apartment complex with a basement. When firefighters arrived they made forcible entry into a basement apartment and quickly extinguished a fire on a mattress. The occupant was not home at the time of the fire.

The residents evacuated out of the complex due to the heavy smoke. Firefighters used large fans to air all of the smoke out of the building. Crews used air monitoring equipment to make sure the air quality levels were safe to allow the residents back in the building.”

Tags: Local News