Mercer Alert: Closure of 5th Ave N and Mercer intersection
Posted on April 25th, 2014 by Editor
Another weekend of detours around Mercer, heads up before you go.
For the weekend of April 26-April 28, per SDOT:
Beginning 4 am on Saturday through 5am on Monday, the intersection will be partially closed to traffic to accommodate roadway excavation and preparatory work for concrete paving. During the closure:
- Travelers heading east on Mercer Street towards I-5 will be detoured onto southbound Fifth Avenue North to Harrison Street to eastbound Broad Street to reconnect with Mercer Street.
- Southbound Fifth Avenue North will be fully closed to traffic between Roy and Mercer streets. Travelers heading south on Fifth Avenue North will be detoured to westbound Roy Street and Fourth Avenue North in order to reconnect with Fifth Avenue North via eastbound Mercer Street.
- Northbound Fifth Avenue North will be fully closed to traffic between Republican and Roy streets. Travelers heading north on Fifth Avenue North will be detoured at Republican Street to continue north on Fourth Avenue North toward Seattle Center and the Queen Anne neighborhood.
- Local access to businesses and properties will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrians will be detoured and advanced signage will be posted.
- Travelers heading toward Queen Anne and Seattle Center from I-5 and downtown should use westbound Broad Street, Denny Way, and northbound First Avenue North as an alternate route.
- Mercer Street between Taylor Avenue North and I-5, Broad Street, Dexter Avenue North, and SR 99 will remain open during the weekend work.
- Please note that the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will be intermittently closed between 11 p.m. Saturday, April 26 through 7 a.m. Sunday, April 27 for WSDOT road maintenance work.
Click the map below for a full-size image: