Mercer Alert: Weekend closure of eastbound Mercer, 5th Ave N, and 9th Ave N
Posted on February 22nd, 2014 by Editor
It’s starting to seem like déjà vu, but it’s not – here’s your weekly update on Mercer corridor work closures this weekend, from 4am Saturday, February 22 through 5am Monday, February 24.
Eastbound Mercer Street closure: Eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N will be fully closed to traffic for underground utility work.
- Travelers heading east from Fifth Avenue N should take Harrison Street to eastbound Broad Street to reconnect with Mercer Street at Ninth Avenue North.
- Eastbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane between Dexter Avenue N and Ninth Avenue N.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N will be closed. Pedestrians will be detoured to Broad Street.
- Mercer Street between I-5 and Broad Street, Broad Street, Dexter Avenue N, SR 99 and the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will remain open.
Fifth Avenue N and Roy Street lane closures: Fifth Avenue N will be restricted between Valley and Republican streets to accommodate underground utility work.
- One lane on Fifth Avenue N in each direction and one lane of Roy Street will remain open at all times.
- Parking adjacent to the work zone will be restricted.
- Local access to businesses and properties will be maintained at all times.
- Uniformed police officers will be stationed throughout the work zone on Fifth Avenue N to facilitate traffic flow.
- Travelers heading towards Queen Anne and the Seattle Center from I-5 or downtown should use westbound Broad Street or Denny Way and northbound First Avenue N as alternate routes.
- Travelers heading toward I-5 or downtown from Queen Anne should use southbound Queen Anne Avenue N and eastbound Denny Way or southbound First Avenue N as alternate routes.
Southbound Ninth Avenue N closure between Mercer and Republican streets:
- Travelers heading southbound on Ninth Avenue N will be required to turn left onto eastbound Mercer Street.
- One lane of northbound Ninth Avenue N between Mercer and Republican streets will be maintained at all times.
- Travelers should expect potential delays and use Westlake Avenue N and other alternate routes when available.