The ongoing Mercer Corridor West work will pick back up on Monday, January 6. While the closures are thankfully post-holidays, there are still quite a few Seattle Center events, so plan ahead for your Mercer travels.
Here’s the rundown from SDOT:
Daytime Closure: Monday, January 6 – Friday, January 10
- Westbound W Mercer St between 4th Ave W and 5th Ave W will be fully closed beginning the morning of Monday, January 6, through the morning of Friday, January 10
- Work hours are approximately 7am-4pm daily
- Westbound traffic on W Mercer will be detoured south on 4th Ave W, then westbound on Harrison St to reconnect to Elliot Ave W
- Eastbound traffic on West Mercer Street will be maintained at all times
Monday, January 6 – Thursday, January 9 and Monday, January 13 – Thursday, Jan 16
- Nighttime closures of eastbound Mercer St between 5th Ave N and Dexter Ave N
- Closures will be in effect from 9pm to 5am weekday evenings
- Traffic on eastbound Mercer St will be required to turn right on 5th Ave N and re-connect to eastbound Mercer via Harrison and eastbound Broad streets
- Northbound and southbound 5th Ave N will remain open to traffic
- Access to Mercer from southbound 5th Ave N will be via Harrison and eastbound Broad streets
- The sidewalk on Mercer Street will be closed between 5th Ave N and Dexter Ave N, pedestrians will be detoured to Broad Street.
SDOT advises travelers to plan ahead and use alternate routes.