Update: due to weather impacts, SDOT has cancelled tonight’s Aurora and Mercer closures. Expect them to be rescheduled to mid-September.
SDOT will be closing northbound 99/Aurora and eastbound Mercer St starting Friday, September 6th at 11pm. Both routes will reopen by 2pm on Saturday, September 7th.
Details from SDOT:
- Northbound 99/Aurora and eastbound Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic 11pm Friday, September 6 through 2pm Saturday, September 7
- Northbound 99/Aurora will be closed between the southern end of the Battery Street Tunnel and Valley Street
- Mercer will be fully closed to traffic between 5th Ave N and Dexter Ave N
- Eastbound Mercer will be fully closed to traffic between Dexter Ave N and 9th Ave N until approximately 9am Saturday morning
- No pedestrian access will be allowed on Mercer between 5th Ave N and Dexter Ave N during the closure. Pedestrians will need to use the sidewalk on the north side of Broad Street to cross 99/Aurora
- Southbound 99/Aurora, westbound Mercer, Broad St, and the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will remain open
SDOT advises that drivers “can expect significant traffic and delays and should plan ahead and use alternate routes.”