Tapas restaurant Diversión to pop-up at LloydMartin
Another April Fools pop-up is popping up at an Upper Queen Anne restaurant, and this one too is no joke. LloydMartin will, if just for one day, become a Spanish Tapas restaurant taking the name Diversión, and it sounds like a fun time! According to LloydMartin, everything from the food, to the wine, beer and cocktails will remind one of a Spanish Tapas bar. Aside from the eats, the non-food experience will feature changes as well, with everything from the music to the plates changed up for the night. A recent segment on New Day Northwest with LloydMartin’s Sam Crannell gives you a small peak at what’s to come.
The tapas will be a collection of Spanish food inspired by both the new and old world. Some will even be inspired by the restaurant El Bulli, considered by many to be one of the best restaurants in the world. That sounds like a good evening out.
Diversión at LloydMartin (1525 Queen Anne Ave N) will be held on Monday, April 1st only, starting at 4pm. Get there early if you absolutely have to have that tapas experience.
- Fried anchovies with candy floss
- Pineapple with lime and molasses
- Cured olives
- Marcona Almonds
- Caramelized pearl onions and manchego cheese
- Choux puffs with foie gras
- Fried date with blue cheese, bacon, xo sherry vinegar
- Shrimp with garlic chips & preserved lemons
- Roasted mushrooms with thyme and sherry
- Roasted spring onion with romesco
- Ibérico pork cheek with Gigante beans
- 64 degree egg, chorizo & crispy potato
- Spiced quail & wild cress
- Lamb meatballs with cinnamon and apricot
- Paella with chicken, sausage and clams, saffron