Have you been inspired by the Muppets or Avenue Q to learn the art and skill of puppet mastery? Well, everyone has to start somewhere, and you can begin your studies next Saturday at a Beginning Puppetry Class being hosted at the Seattle Armory.
The class is taught by Rachel Jackson of Vox Fabuli Puppets and is designed for ages 15+, no experience required. There’s a class size limit of 16, so register now. Puppets will be provided, and here’s what to expect:
In this fun, dynamic class, you’ll learn the foundations of good stage puppetry – focus, physical commitment and basic puppet operation. We’ll focus on how to make your puppet seem alive and connect with the audience. You’ll get lots of hands-on time with professional arm-and-rod puppets plus a simple practice puppet to take home so you can keep working on your skills.
- What: Beginning Puppetry Class – Puppet Operation
- When: Saturday, January 19, 1-3pm
- Where: Theatre Puget Sound, Studio B, at the Seattle Center Armory
- Ages: recommended for ages 15 and up
- Cost: $30 pre-reg/$35 day-of