The second weekend of the New Year is upon us! Apologies if you were looking for the Weekend Roundup last Thursday, but I was down for the count for a few days. Anyway, I’m back up and while we’re all holding our breath for Sonics news, let’s not forget that the Seahawks are in the playoffs this weekend – and apparently the East coast did not get the message about time zones… the game is on at 10am local time, so if you’re a late sleeper, set your alarm!
- Mercer: 9am-3pm, Monday, Jan 14 and running approximately 2 weeks, lane restrictions on eastbound Mercer for installation of new signal poles and mast arms at the intersection of Mercer and Fairview. Two eastbound lanes will remain open to traffic between Terry and Fairview.
- Aurora Bridge: Bridge reduced to one lane in each direction 9pm-5am Sunday, Jan 13 – Thursday, Jan 17; Fremont Way N southbound on-ramp to the Aurora Bridge will be closed 9pm-5am Sunday, Jan 13 – Thursday, Jan 17
- I-5 Reconstruction: ramps from Columbian Way to Southbound I-5, West Seattle, and 6th Ave S will be closed. Traffic from Columbian Way will only be able to access northbound I-5. Detours to southbound I-5 will utilize 15 Ave S to Georgetown.
- Seattle Opera – Cinderella, McCaw Hall, Jan 12-26
- The Last Reef 3D, Pacific Science Center IMAX, Jan 11-April 11
Friday, January 11
- Molly Moon’s Call for Cookies, Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookies, 3pm-on
- School of Rock: Sons of Seattle, EMP, $10 advance/$12 day of, 7:30pm
- SIFF Uptown New & Continuing Films: Barbara, Les Miserables, Django Unchained
Saturday, January 12
- Snow Day (World’s Largest Snowball Fight), Seattle Center, noon-6pm
- Kids Rock Dance Party, Nectar Lounge, Fremont, 11am-3pm
- 6th Annual Elvis Invitationals, EMP, $15 advance/$20 day of, 7:30pm
Sunday, January 13
- Seahawks vs Falcons, in Atlanta, 10am, Go Hawks!
- National Rubber Ducky Day, Seattle Children’s Museum, 10am
- Stand Up Washington March & Rally, Westlake to Seattle Center, starts at 1:30pm
Have an event that you would like us to report on? Drop us an email at email@example.com