Heads up if you rely on Metro for commuting or are planning on downtown trips for some last minute holiday shopping – King County Metro Transit will be operating on holiday and reduced weekday schedules all next week and the beginning of the following week (New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day).
According to Metro:
Sunday schedules will be in effect on the following holidays:
- Tuesday, Dec. 25 – Christmas
- Tuesday, Jan. 1 – New Year’s Day
The reduced weekday schedule will be in effect on:
- Monday, Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve
- Wednesday-Friday, Dec. 26-28 – winter holiday period
- Monday, Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve
- Monday, Jan. 21 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Queen Anne routes with reduced weekday schedules include: 2, 3, 4, 13. A list of additional route service impacts are online.