Now that we’ve all recovered from the hectic Labor Day weekend traffic and events, there are fresh new activities to check out if you’re looking for something to do on and around Queen Anne – and some traffic impacts, especially around the Seattle Center on Saturday and downtown on Sunday.
FREE events marked below!
Edit: the Storm are actually out-of-town this weekend, so ignore that around-the-town item.
Friday, September 7
- Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics, Safeco Field, 7:10pm
- SIFF Cinema Uptown: Red Hook Summer opens
- The Vera Project: Q & A with Ian Mackaye of Minor Threat, Fugazi, The Evens, Dischord Records, Seattle Center, all-ages, 7:30
Saturday, September 8
- Seattle Tilth Harvest Fair 2012, Meridian Park (Wallingford), 10am-4pm, FREE
- Salmon Return Celebration Family Festival, SAM Olympic Sculpture Park, 10 am–3 pm, FREE
- Seattle Center Big Birthday Bash, Seattle Center, 11am-3pm, FREE
- Seattle Sounders vs. Chivas USA, CenturyLink Field, 1pm
- Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics, Safeco Field, 6:10pm
- Seattle Storm vs. Tulsa Shock, Key Arena, 7-10pm
- SIFF Cinema Uptown: Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory – Special Fundraiser Screening, Saturday, September 8th only, 9:30pm
- The Ballard Bridge closed to vehicular traffic, Saturday 11pm to Sunday 7am
Sunday, September 9
- Athleta Iron Girl Women’s 10K & 5K Run &Walk, Green Lake, 8am
- The Run Around the World 5K Fun Run & Walk, Gas Works Park to Lake Union Park, 8:30am–1:30pm
- Seattle Floating Homes Tour, noon-5pm, approximately 200 tickets still available
- 5th Annual Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival, Seattle Center, 11am-7pm, FREE
- SlutWalk March & Rally, Pioneer Square to Westlake Park, noon-4pm; Seattle Police will escort; expect a rolling slowdown along the route
- Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics, Safeco Field, 1:10pm
- Magnolia’s Mounger Pool – last day!
Have an event that you would like us to report on? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org