At the Queen Anne Farmers Market tonight
Posted on May 27th, 2010 by Sara Willy
The second week of the Queen Anne Farmers Market season, from 3 to 7 p.m. tonight, Thursday, May 27, is jam-packed with festivities. Check out the schedule here:
- 3 to 5 p.m. – Musical performance (pedal steel guitar) by Hal Merrill
- 4 p.m. – Chef Demo by Nettletown‘s Christina Choi
- 5 p.m. – Book Signing with Langdon Cook, author of Fat of the Land
- 5 to 7 p.m. – Two musical performances: The Canote Brothers (at the east end of the market) and Vince Mtz. & The Great Blue Yonder (at the west end)
- 6 p.m. – Urban Farming Workshop “Tomato Growing Strategies: Increase Your Yield, Decrease Your Frustration” Seattle Urban Farm Company owner Colin McCrate
Learn proper tomato planting, spacing, fertilizing, trellising, and pruning techniques. Getting satisfactory tomato yields in Seattle can be difficult, but not as difficult as you think! We will demonstrate a few easy tricks that will help improve your tomato harvest year after year.
The featured nonprofit this week is Sustainable Queen Anne.
Miss the opening market last week? Enjoy the season’s celebratory kick-off swing dance party here!