With temperatures pushing triple digits this week, there are many places on Queen Anne where you can retreat to find a little comfort and coolness. Here are a few favorites we discovered:
- Play in the water at the International Fountain at Seattle Center.
- For a smaller crowd, there’s the Fountain of Creation, a wading pool and fountain we found tucked away near Seattle Center’s Northwest Rooms.
- The Center House (305 Harrison St) at Seattle Center is air conditioned inside and is open from 7am-9pm.
- The East Queen Anne Playground Wading Pool (1912 Warren Ave N) is open from noon-7pm.
- The Queen Anne Community Center does not have air conditioning, but you can swim indoors at the Queen Anne Pool (1920 1st Ave W).
- Catch a movie at the AMC Loews Uptown 3 Cinemas. See what’s playing.
- There are 17 branches of the Seattle Public Library that have air conditioning. Unfortunately, the QA branch is not one of them but you can click here to find the next closest one.
- Stay cool and get fit at the same time by trying Standup Paddle Surfing on Lake Union (my personal favorite!) You can rent boards by the hour at Northwest Outdoor Center (2100 Westlake Ave N). Special tip: call to reserve in advance to guarantee a board!